Christmas is sadly over & I know here at Seasoned we have definitely overindulged, so we have decided to give ourselves a bit of a detox this January! We thought what would be a fun way to make our bodies feel healthier & get to experience something completely new? Yep we are trying out Veganuary with the aim to make as many healthy choices as possible!
Here in the Seasoned office we are excited to already be a week into our new vegan lives even though it has been hard to not over overindulge in some seriously good vegan treats! As leading event caterers in London we live & breathe food so it is very important to us to enjoy the healthy foods we are eating & making sure they are super tasty.
That is why we think it is a great idea to share with you some of the tasty recipes that we have been absolutely loving!
Hearty Winter Spinach with Tomatoes
1x tablespoon of olive oil
1x diced onion
2x chopped garlic cloves
1x teaspoon sweet smoked paprika or hot paprika, if you like it spicy
2x bay leaves
2x cans of butter beans drained & rinsed
2x cans of plum tomatoes
2x handfuls of spinach
Salt & pepper
- Fry the onions over a medium heat in the olive oil until translucent, stirring constantly.
- Add the garlic, bay leaves & paprika & fry for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes & beans to the pot & as you’re stirring, break up the tomatoes slightly.
- Season with salt & pepper, then let it then simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Once it is nearly ready stir in the spinach & allow it to wilt.
- Serve with a bed of brown rice.
If you have a sweet tooth than the next recipe is for you! Not only does it taste amazing but it is also healthy & vegan!
Healthy Banana & Chocolate Smoothie
250ml of chocolate almond milk
1 handful of baby spinach
2 frozen bananas
1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
- Add all the ingredients into a blender & blend until smooth.
- Serve and enjoy!