Top tips for the V&A
We are proud to have been listed as an accredited caterer for four years at the V&A Museum and delighted that after two years we became the third most frequent supplier to provide our services out of 11 listed caterers. We have thoroughly enjoyed building our experience working in the many eclectic spaces this stunning venue has to offer.
Here are our top 10 tips to a successful event at the V&A Museum:
1. The Museum is perfect for dinners from 40 up to 400 guests!
2. The Museum is flexible in the use of spaces, which makes it perfect for us for setting up our equipment on the day!
3. There aren’t any restrictions when it comes to staining drinks & food, except in a couple of galleries, so keep this in mind when choosing your menu.
4. The V&A Museum provides the most perfect backdrop for a wedding!
5. If you are having a drinks reception or dinner in The Dome, make the most of Dale Chihuly’s extraordinary central glass sculpture as the focal point of your set-up.
6. The Dorothy & Michael Hintze Sculpture galleries provide a stunning backdrop for receptions and pre-dinner drinks. This gallery is the perfect space if you are using The Dome for dinner!
7. If it’s a nice summer’s day or if you’re feeling brave on a crisp cold winter’s evening, the John Madejski Garden is the most beautiful space for a reception or pre-dinner drinks.
8. The largest and the most prestigious space in the Museum, the Raphael Gallery, lends a striking backdrop for drinks receptions, dinners and even concerts!
9. Make the most of using the galleries for your events against the traditional backdrop of the Museum: i.e. the Fashion galleries for a fashion brand or launch event!
10. There are 10 spaces, including galleries, which are available for use at the Museum, two of which are only for use during the day and eight in the evening.