Meetings re-imagined | Fun conferencing
The event game is being upped more and more every day, and the pressure is on us event caterers to deliver in every way possible! If you’re searching for inspiration and started by typing “caterer London” into Google, then you’re in luck. We might well have a few moments of magic for you.
From creative canapé trays to suspended food station stations and personalised coffee sleeves, conference organisers nowadays are always looking for new and exciting ways to get their catering package to deliver something extra. Gone are the days of simple buffet catering. Here are some of our top tips to keep guests focused and listening:
- Consider speed. ‘Grab & go’ pots often work really well. It’s a great option when you want people to mingle amongst the exhibition stands. Why not make a feature of your pots with ‘fill & go’ salad stations or using some ladder shelving to display them in a rainbow colour
- Consider what people will sit down to on arrival. Why not offer a welcome snack, a cold pressed coffee or a wrapped energy ball? This is always a great option if you want to show a little extra hospitality. It’s also a great way to align yourself with a brand ethos or status.
- Consider a talking point during a break. Think doughnut walls or unusual tasting cakes – we tasted a Pad Thai cake recently which sent our minds in a spin! Having a chatter-worthy feature in the afternoon often re-energises peoples’ minds ready for their last session of the day.
- Add a speed networking drink. It’s a known fact that delegates will stay a little longer to network if you offer a glass of wine. A guest who has been sat listening to speakers all day will often jump at the chance of a cold glass of Sauvignon! But it’s also a great way to offer something more in the package to any exhibitors with a minimum cost per head.
- Consider using tech to engage people more. The world around us is really into food and your delegates are probably no different. Why not consider using QR codes to give people recipes or fun facts about some of the ingredients they are eating? It’s often a refreshing change!