Plant-based protein in a Mexican classic!
6 March 2018
Make me – With the movement away from meat and the popularity of embracing plant based protein, we thought we would bring you a delicious recipe that is all about this, yet you would never know!
Black Bean Tacos
- 1 15 oz. can black beans or 3 cups fresh, cooked
- 1 package of corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 4 cups diced romaine lettuce or cabbage
- 1 cup salsa of your choice – traditional, mango, tomatillo
- 1 large avocado
- Hot sauce
- Heat the black beans in a saucepan or in the microwave oven for a few minutes until heated through. If you want to spice them up you could add some cumin, chilli powder or hot sauce.
- Wrap the corn tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave for about a minute or until they are softened. If you prefer, put them into a toaster oven until toasted to your desired crispness.
- To prepare the tacos, place about 1/4 cup black beans into each taco shell then top with diced tomatoes, red onion, avocado, hot sauce or salsa and lettuce.