Boxing Day delights
Christmas Day is just around the corner with us all preparing to consume vast amounts of food! We wait all year for the festivities to start and most importantly, it’s an excuse to eat as indulgently as we like, although do we really need an excuse?
Hours go into preparing the Christmas Day feast but with the mountains of food left over, why not make Boxing Day just as mouth-watering? Well if you are anything like us here at Seasoned Events, you will have enough food left over to last you much longer than just Christmas Day!
As a London Caterer we are all about making every meal one to remember, so here is one of our favourite leftover breakfast recipes:
Boxing Day Breakfast of Bubble ‘n’ Squeak, Gammon & Fried Eggs
1 small Savoy cabbage, shredded
Olive oil or butter for frying
Leftover gammon slices cut into chunks
Large pinch freshly grated nutmeg
700g leftover cooked vegetables, roughly chopped (we used potatoes, carrots and Brussels sprouts)
Small bunch fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
4 free-range eggs
- Put the cabbage in a colander and pour over a kettleful of freshly boiled water. Leave to drain.
- Fry the gammon until golden then place to the side.
- Fry the cabbage on a high heat, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Fry for around 3-4 minutes.
- Add the leftover vegetables, fry for a further 5 minutes pressing down on the vegetables now and again. (The crispy golden parts are the best bits!)
- Once the vegetables are golden, add the gammon back to the pan with the resting juices and fry everything together for a few more minutes.
- Fry and season the eggs. Serve with some parsley.
- Tuck in and enjoy!